Any private key value that you enter or we generate is not stored on this site, this tool is provided via an HTTPS URL to ensure that private keys cannot be stolen, for extra security run this software on your network, no cloud dependency
A strong password is a random password. By "random". "Entropy" is the name of the mathematical concept by which this randomness can be expressed. Take care that "password entropy" is a property of the process which generated the password, and cannot be measured on the password itself
Good passwords / passphrases:
- A strong password must be at least 8 characters long.
- It should not contain any of your personal information—specifically your real name, user name, or even your company name.
- It must be very unique from your previously used passwords.
- It should not contain any word spelled completely.
- It should contain characters from the four primary categories, including: uppercase letters, lowercase letters, numbers, and characters.
- should be 8 characters or longer, which forces you to use multiple words or extra symbols.
- should have upper case, lower case, symbols, and numbers; or at least three of those four groups.
- should not be a common word and should not be a common phrase.
- should not contain a date, a name, or other things that can be associated with you.
- should be created randomly or semi-randomly.
- should not be a suggestion when you type in the first few characters into Google.