Any private key value that you enter or we generate is not stored on this site, this tool is provided via an HTTPS URL to ensure that private keys cannot be stolen, for extra security run this software on your network, no cloud dependency
This application currenlty supports the following Test CA Hierarchy
Certificate filename extensions
There are several commonly used filename extensions for X.509 certificates.
- .pem – (Privacy-enhanced Electronic Mail) Base64 encoded DER certificate, enclosed between "-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----" and "-----END CERTIFICATE-----"
- .cer, .crt, .der – usually in binary DER form
- .p7b, .p7c – PKCS#7 SignedData structure without data, just certificate(s) or CRL(s)
- .p12 – PKCS#12, may contain certificate(s) (public) and private keys (password protected)
- .pfx – PFX, predecessor of PKCS#12
- PKCS#7 is a standard for signing or encrypting
- PKCS#12 evolved from the personal information exchange (PFX) standard and is used to exchange public and private objects in a single file